CW Leadership Communication - Welcome Barbie - Legislation - Fall Conference & More
What happened to September? Talk about a Tasmanian devil month that was over almost as quickly as it started and we’re now already a week into October. What an exciting time for ChamberWest engagement and for business. With October came our new Business Development Director. Please join me in welcoming Barbie Converse to the ChamberWest team! She brings a great background and experience in business development and programming and is anxious to work with our members to expand our sphere of influence through strategic membership growth.
During the last week of September, 17 ChamberWest business and civic members joined a Multi-Chamber Washington DC trip that provided the opportunity to meet with all our Congressmen and Senators. They shared with us valuable information on the work they are doing on behalf of our community along with information on two major bills working their way through Congress. We will look to the input of our Legislative Affairs Committee tomorrow on any recommended position related to both the $1.2 million Infrastructure Bill and the $3.5 million Reconciliation Bill based on the anticipated impact to business.
Mark your calendars and plan to join us for the 2021 Fall Business Conference, scheduled for Tuesday, November 9th at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center. The conference this year will be in person and will feature two keynote presenters, six breakout sessions, exhibitor tables, breakfast, and lunch. If you are interested in a sponsorship or an exhibitor table, please reach out to me or staff to explore how best to get you engaged.
Upcoming programs and event highlights include:
- CW Legislative Affairs Committee Meeting – Thursday, October 7 – 7:30 am
- CW Meet the Candidate Night – Taylorsville – Thursday, October 7 – 6:00 pm – Taylorsville City Council Chambers
- More Information available at: https://chamberwest.com/events/details/taylorsville-meet-the-candidate-night-1567?calendarMonth=2021-10-01
- CW Board Retreat – Friday/Saturday, October 8-9
- CW Meet the Candidate Night – West Jordan – Tuesday, October 12 – 6:00 pm – West Jordan City Hall
- More Information available at: https://chamberwest.com/events/details/west-jordan-meet-the-candidate-night-1570?calendarMonth=2021-10-01
- CW Meet the Candidate Night – West Valley City – Wednesday, October 13 – 6:00 pm – West Valley City Hall
- More Information available at: https://chamberwest.com/events/details/west-valley-city-meet-the-candidate-night-1568?calendarMonth=2021-10-01
- CW Meet the Candidate Night – Kearns – Thursday, October 14 – 6:00 pm – Element Event Center
- More Information available at: https://chamberwest.com/events/details/kearns-metro-township-meet-the-candidate-night-1569?calendarMonth=2021-10-01
- Friday Connections Speed Networking – Friday, October 15 – 8:30 – 10:00 am – Megaplex Theaters Valley Fair
- CW Professional Development Series Event (Luncheon) – “What effective behaviors are you modeling as a great leader?” - Tuesday, October 19 – 11:30 – 1:00 – Kearns Library
Barbara S. Riddle, CMP