Guest Blog Post: SBA Emerging Leaders Class of 2021
Emerging Leaders Class of 2021
Now Recruiting in Utah
The Emerging Leaders Initiative is an intensive executive-level series intended to accelerate the growth of high-potential small businesses in America’s underserved cities. Developed by SBA and drawing on the experiences of advisors and business leaders in urban communities, this comprehensive curriculum provides the tools to catapult your company to the next level and help it emerge as a force in your community.
Do I qualify to participate?
This training is for established business owners and is not for start-ups or people who are thinking about starting a business. The Emerging Leaders Initiative advanced training series is open to small business owners and executives that:
- Have annual revenues of at least $250,000
- Have been in business for at least 3 years
- Have at least one employee, other than self
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Customized training for “C” suite executives who have demonstrated business sustainability of at least 3 years in business and annual revenue of at least $250K
- Participant recruitment begins in February through SBA’s local district offices and classes typically begin in April
- A three-year strategic growth action plan with benchmarks and performance targets to help the participant emerge as a self-sustaining business that creates jobs and builds communities
- Includes 100 + hours of professional specialized training and peer-to-peer counseling delivered over the course of seven months
- Specialized areas of training include:
- Strategic Growth Plans
- Financing and Access to Capital
- Government Contracting
- CEO Mentoring
What types of businesses participate in the program?
There are currently no restrictions on the types of businesses that can participate. Some examples of participating businesses include manufacturers, retail/wholesalers, contractors, professional services and food service.
In what ways does the training help my business?
The training is specifically designed to stimulate and support the expansion of your business. The curriculum provides strategies to help you access new avenues of capital. It offers practical tools to pursue new paths for business development. It surrounds you with a network of government resources and local business leaders prepared to invest time and energy in your business.
What are the overall benefits of participation?
The result of this executive education prepares and encourages small businesses to move to the next level in their growth and to help them emerge as self-sustaining businesses that create jobs and build communities. At the conclusion of the training, entrepreneurs produce a three-year strategic growth action plan with benchmarks and performance targets that will help them access the necessary support and resources to move forward.
Is participation in the Emerging Leaders Initiative free?
The only cost is your time and commitment to complete the curriculum over the course of seven months. All other costs are covered by SBA and our local partners.