Maintenance Mechanic - Danone North America
Company/Industry: Danone North America
Location: West Jordan, UT USA
Subdivision Company: Dannon Yogurt
Maintenance Mechanics ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing corrective and preventive maintenance requirements on various types of industrial equipment including motors, pumps, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Specific Job Duties & Tasks:
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using a variety of tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with and adhering to all applicable state and federal law, company ISO Quality Program, as well as any safety/health and environmental policies and procedures rules, and regulations.
• Autonomous maintenance and Planned Maintenance (TPM) program Participation
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Minimum of five (5) years of practical and/or classroom training on mechanical and manufacturing based machinery. Individuals with experience in the dairy, food and beverage industry strongly desired. Experience should include a combination in most of the following: Process Control System (RS View), instrumentations, pumps, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, electrical, hydraulic, lubrication, compressors, utilities, boilers, and ammonia-based systems
• Verifiable High School diploma or GED
• The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• The ability to write routine reports, SOPs, and correspondence
• The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents and to draw and interpret bar graphs MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
• Thorough understanding of mechanical procedures as related to manufacturing maintenance applications.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
• Physical demands: regularly stand, walk, talk and hear; reach, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Frequently lift 25 lbs. up to 50 lbs. Close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision
• The ability to quickly adapt to a changing work environment, competing demands, and delays or unexpected events
• The ability to work in wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. Employee is frequently standing on a concrete surface for 12-hour shifts in a moderately noisy work environment.
• Must be able to work night shift and which could include weekends and/or holidays.
Apply today: https://jobs.danone.com/key/dannon-west-jordan-ut.html
Full Time Positions: New Attribute Name