Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development develops relationships with new member accounts in specified market areas, brings in new business, focuses on customer satisfaction and quality of revenue, and supports the maintenance of current membership. In serving in this position, the Director will enjoy personal interaction and meaningful community involvement as they effectively manage a challenging range of job requirements, including, but not limited to:
· New member recruitment through networking, referrals, and cold calling.
· Work renewal accounts and targeted major accounts as assigned.
· Participate with retention and expansion of existing members.
· Represent the Chamber in the community, promoting all Chamber programs/services.
· Utilize negotiation skills to close the sale and secure the member.
· Market Chamber events and offerings within the community and within their network.
· Ensure all sales processes are integrated and strategic.
· Solicit sponsorships for Chamber programs and events.
· Work within a budget
· Meet profitability and growth goals
· Support retention efforts by assisting Chamber members to take full advantage of their membership including attendance, volunteerism, etc.
· Represent the Chamber in a professional manner.
· Closely monitor industry trends and local issues impacting the Chamber’s membership sales efforts.
· Cultivate and maintain an extensive knowledge of all Chamber programs, services, initiatives, and activities.
· Achieve budgeted member acquisition and retention goals.
· Follow up on commitments with customers to ensure 100% satisfaction including marketing deliverables for programs and events.
· Work with and lead committees of volunteers to plan and execute events to achieve goals.
· Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs.
· Ensure the success of events, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
· Maintain records and photos of events and conduct evaluations for each event completed.
· Management and expansion of Member-to-Member services (including an affiliate member discount program).
· Ability to work within an environment of deadlines and due dates, prioritizing workload.
· On occasion work into the evening or on weekends in support of specific events as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
· Achieve assigned membership sales goals
· Meet assigned expectations for profitability
· Achieve new account membership targets
· Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned timeframe
· Responsible for maintaining and utilizing CRM tools for prospecting, management of accounts, and invoicing
· Provide sales reporting weekly, monthly, and quarterly as directed by the President/CEO
· Reports to the President/CEO
· Enlist the support from the Director of Marketing, Office Manager, and Member Services as needed
· Proficient in MS Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Possess an outgoing and professional personality
· Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills.
· Experience in public relations, prospecting, business development, and negotiations needed
· Creativity and independent thinking.
· Minimum of three years of outside sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment
· Effective communication, listening, and people skills
· Ability to see opportunity in every obstacle
· Self-motivated and hardworking
· Ability to efficiently navigate local roads to various members and businesses
· Work with integrity, enthusiasm, and creativity
· In-depth knowledge of sales functions and customer service-oriented principles
· Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with prospects, members, volunteers, and community stakeholders
· Ability to assess marketing opportunities and develop strategic plans to reach targeted audiences
· Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize workload involving multiple projects at one time
· Ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
· Results-oriented and willingness to be accountable for measurable goals
· Must be a team player that works well in a fast-paced and changing environment
Full Time Positions: New Attribute Name