Frequently Asked Questions:
- How is the ChamberWest Shop Local Taylorsville Program able to give cash to businesses?
- The City of Taylorsville and ChamberWest Chamber of Commerce have partnered to administer a shop local program to directly support businesses in Taylorsville.
- Taylorsville households will be sent coupons valued at $30 to spend with participating businesses in Taylorsville.
What steps do I need to follow to redeem Shop Local Bucks for cash?
- INCLUDE the Bucks in an Envelope with the following information:
Business name & total amount of redeemed “Bucks” and date. These will be confirmed by ChamberWest staff.
- Drop off the bucks and information to ONE of the following individual and location:
- Jean Ashby in the Economic and Community Development Department at the City of Taylorsville, located at 2600 W. Taylorsville Blvd, Taylorsville, 84129 on Mondays thru Fridays from 8:00 pm - 5:00 pm excluding Federal Holidays (Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day)
3. Reimbursement checks will be issued weekly from the ChamberWest office and mailed to the address provided on the signup form.
If I choose to, can I accept multiple bucks (increments of $15) from the same customer at once?
- Yes! We encourage you to invite customers to redeem their Bucks as soon as possible. Spending Bucks now means you can cash in now, before funds are exhausted and the program ends.
When does the program end?
- This program is expected to run through November 12th or when available funds run out. Businesses will be notified in advance and the list of participating businesses will be disabled on the website prior to the conclusion of the program to ensure businesses receive full reimbursement for any redeemed "bucks".
If purchases are less than $15, how much will I be reimbursed?
- Businesses are reimbursed the full amount, $15.00 for each voucher submitted.
How will I know if the program ends?
- All participating businesses will be notified weekly by email update on the progress of the program by category. Any Shop Local link(s) will be disabled on the website prior to its conclusion to ensure businesses receive full reimbursement.
- Vouchers will be reimbursed during the time of the program (until November 12th) or until funding is gone.
Is ChamberWest membership required to register in this Shop Local Program?
- No, you do not need to be a member of ChamberWest to participate. However, the City of Taylorsville will pay 50% of a new ChamberWest membership if you are interested (up to $400 per business as applicable).
Still have some questions?
Feel free to contact the ChamberWest Chamber of Commerce by emailing or calling us ( see below).
Or call us at 801-977-8755